"The Vision of the Anointed" and Other Stogie Stuff

Advertisement
Your Ads Here
The Vision of the Anointed
Upon R.S. McCain's advice to readers, I just purchased the PC Kindle version of Thomas Sowell's "The Vision of the Anointed."  It looks to be a fascinating book, a peak into the assumptions and premises of liberal thought.

Sowell explains how liberals see themselves -- as morally superior and more intelligent than anyone else.  This is why they have such disdain for conservatives, assuming as they do, that their thought patterns and beliefs are the evolutionary apex of thought, analysis and understanding of the world around them.  Working under the assumption that they are just so damned smart, informed and knowledgeable, liberals automatically assume that those with different opinions are neanderthals, rednecks, pickup-driving oafs in tank tops and baseball hats.

I am looking forward to reading this book.

New iPhone 5
Yep, I got one.  This week I retired my four year old iPhone 3 for the iPhone 5.  I am not one of those cell phone aficionados who must have all the latest tweaks, gadgets and features.  However, it was time for a newer phone.  Haven't checked out all the features, but I do like the built-in digital camera (8 megapixels -- that's about as good as my actual digital camera).  Also like the apps available -- I use Loseit.com as well as a bank gadget for making deposits by iPhone, and recently added a couple of apps for Spanish language study -- dictionaries and a verb conjugator.
Advertisement
Your Ads Here

You might also like

0 Comments


EmoticonEmoticon