Some Notable Deaths This Week

Advertisement
Your Ads Here
Susan Luckey
Susan Luckey, who played Zaneeta, the mayor's daughter in the 1962 musical "The Music Man," has died at age 74. I remember her role as the ditzy teenager who kept saying "Ye gods," which seemed somewhat profane to me. I love that musical, especially Shirley Jones singing "Good Night My Someone."

Also dead is Alex Karras, former football player who played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles." He was 77.

Alex Karras as "Mongo"
This past week I had a blood test and a blood pressure test. Blood was normal in every respect and the nurse described my blood pressure as "excellent." My wife is not so lucky: she has a long list of ailments and I'll probably survive her, but I'd rather not. The world would be a terribly empty place without her.
Advertisement
Your Ads Here

You might also like

0 Comments


EmoticonEmoticon